Music – Theatre – Visual Arts
JOIN US FOR ARTS IN CELEBRATION!
- SPIRITO CREATORE, an exhibit of contemporary sacred art by Susan Kanaga, cj (Orleans, MA), and Filippo Rossi (Florence, Italy)
- “Do You See Yonder Shining Light,” a large-scale calligraphic art installation that spans 60 feet in length and 8-10 feet in height, made of steel and painted in rich metallic colors
- Ubi Caritas, a display celebrating our common heritage in Gregorian Chant spanning from its earliest roots in the Jewish tradition, through its evolution to chant as we know it today
Fresco and mosaic demonstrations — art forms with rich historical and cultural backgrounds from various parts of the world, and demonstrated by local artists
Art Exhibits including works by Gabriele Wilpers of Essen, Germany, and works by artists of the Community of Jesus
- Handmade quilt art & textiles including tapestries, banners, and vestments
- Beauty in Word and Sound, a literature and recordings display by Paraclete Press, Inc.
- Behind the scenes, a look at the creation of the rarely performed opera The Pilgrim’s Progress, by Ralph Vaughan Williams — the featured event of the international symposium
Entrance Fee: $15 (Tickets purchased at the door)
The festival surrounds an international symposium being held at the Community of Jesus celebrating the arts and commemorating the 500th anniversary of the Reformation. Beginning October 13, the art exhibits will be open daily from 10am-2pm (except Wednesdays).
In addition attend:
THE PILGRIM’s PROGRESS: An opera by Ralph Vaughan Williams
October 27 & 28, November 3 & 4, 7:30 PM
In the evenings, attend Ralph Vaughan Williams’s rarely performed operatic masterpiece, The Pilgrim’s Progress, fully staged with guest soloists and orchestra.
Learn more Call 508-240-2400 for reservations.
THE ARTS AND ECUMENISM: What Theology Risks in Artistic Creation
1517–2017 500th Anniversary of the Reformation
To commemorate this anniversary, the Mount Tabor Ecumenical Centre for Art and Spirituality presents an international symposium discussing Catholic and Protestant approaches to sacred art through the lenses of history, theology, liturgical contexts, and post-Vatican II developments.
ORGAN CONCERT with Gabriele Giacomelli of Florence, Italy
October 29, 3:00 PM
Join us for an organ concert by guest artist Gabriele Giacomelli, Italian organist and musicologist from Florence. The concert will be performed on the E.M. Skinner Organ of the Church of the Transfiguration.
Call 508-240-2400 for reservations.
Susan Kanaga, SPIRITO CREATORE, Detail: Witness/Testimone, 2017, 210 x 40 x 40 cm., Extruded Polystyrene, Bitumen, Acrylic and Gold Leaf.
Susan Kanaga, SPIRITO CREATORE, Witness/Testimone, 2017, 210 x 40 x 40 cm., Extruded Polystyrene, Bitumen, Acrylic and Gold Leaf.
FRAMMENTI Exhibition 2015, Susan Kanaga, CJ, suspended sculpture Fragmented Figure; Filippo Rossi Floor Cross.